Creating an apple dumpling is simple, but requires care and time. Here, we show you how the Chester's apple dumpling is assembled and how we balance the perfect combination of flavor and texture to create this winter favorite!
1. Start with fresh, clean granny-smith apples
2. Core the apple
3. Once cored, the apple is sliced across the top and bottom to create a flat-surface
4. Next, the apple is peeled
5.The prepared apples are simmered in apple juice and cinnamon until tender
6. Next, a pat of butter is stuffed in the end of the apple which is then placed on a pastry sheet
7. Golden raisins and brown sugar are packed into the empty core
9. The pastry is wrapped around the apple...
11. ...And the top is brushed with milk
13. Bake and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
14. The juices from the dumpling pan can be used in creating a butter sauce to serve with your apple dumpling. Here, we show the finished apple dumpling with a butter rum sauce, vanilla-bean ice cream, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Enjoy!